PRINCE 2 – Projects In Controlled Environments
PRINCE 2 Foundation & Practitioner
PRINCE 2 (Projects IN Controlled Environments) is a structured project management method for directing and managing projects. It is a de facto process-based method for effective project management. Used extensively by the UK Government, PRINCE2 is also widely recognized and used in the private sector, both in the UK and internationally. The PRINCE2 method is in the public domain, and offers non-proprietorial best practice guidance on project management. The PRINCE 2 certification program is designed on two levels i.e. foundation and practitioner. PRINCE2 emphases dividing projects into manageable and controllable stages.
It was initially developed as a UK government standard for information systems projects but is now owned by Axelos.
Key features of PRINCE 2:
- Focus on business justification
- Defined organization structure for the project management team
- Product-based planning approach
- Emphasis on dividing the project into manageable and controllable stages
- Flexibility that can be applied at a level appropriate to the project.
- Continued business justification
- Manage by exception
- Learn from experience
- Defined roles and responsibilities
- Manage by stages
- Focus on products
Integration with other techniques
PRINCE2 describes only high-level aspects of project management and leaves the choice of management tools and frameworks within its tasks to the task managers. It specifically mentions the following:
- Product based planning
- Change control
- Quality review technique
- Gantt charts
- PERT charts
- Critical path analysis
Benefits of Prince 2 Certifications
- Industry Standard: The method is widely recognized and understood provides a common vocabulary for all those involved in a project, which helps effective communication. The method also provides for the explicit recognition of project responsibilities so that participants understand each other’s roles and needs. There is a defined structure for accountability, delegation, authority and communication.
- Compatibility: PRINCE2 is compatible with all other project management qualifications as it provides the technical structure of the framework for the project, which will complement the softer skills learnt on other qualifications.
- Employability: Many companies ask for their Project Managers to be PRINCE2® qualified as a pre-requisite. It’s also structured in a way to help both entry-level and more experienced project managers progress their career. Completion of the PRINCE2® Foundation qualification will allow you to start applying for Project Administrator and PMO Co-ordinator positions right away. Once you’re PRINCE2® Practitioner qualified, becoming a fully-fledged Project Manager or Program Co-ordinator is easily achievable.
- Earn more money: Jobs looking for PRINCE2® Foundation qualified candidates offer an average annual salary of £32,000. Once PRINCE2® Practitioner has been completed, this figure could potentially rise to the £50,000 mark. So not only is it attractive in the short term, there are also many long-term financial benefits of a PRINCE2® qualified career.
- Global and International Openings: PRINCE2® qualifications are recognized and respected around the world. So aside from reinforcing your skillset to potential employers domestically, it also opens several opportunities across the globe. So if you’ve ever wanted to work or travel abroad, project management could be the perfect option.
Prince 2 Certifications
The PRINCE2 Foundation certification is the first of two PRINCE2 certifications required to become a PRINCE2 Practitioner. You can complete PRINCE2 Foundation to learn the basics, terminology and a comprehensive introduction to PRINCE2 via our 3-day PRINCE2 Foundation tutor led classroom course. The Practitioner comes next with another 2-3 day instructor led course.
Prince 2 Foundation
The purpose of the foundation certification is to confirm you have sufficient knowledge and understanding of the PRINCE2 method to be able to work effectively with, or as a member of, a project management team working within an environment supporting PRINCE2. The foundation certification is also a prerequisite for the Practitioner certification.
Course Duration: 3 Days
Prince 2 Practitioner
The purpose of the Practitioner certification is to confirm whether the candidate has achieved sufficient understanding of how to apply and tailor PRINCE2 in a scenario situation. A successful Practitioner candidate should, with suitable direction, be able to start applying the method to a real project but may not be sufficiently skilled to do this appropriately for all situations. Their individual project management expertise, complexity of the project and the support provided for the use of PRINCE2 in their work environment will all be factors that impact what the Practitioner can achieve.
Course Duration: 2-3 days
- N 60,000 (Ikeja Training Center)
- N 75,000 (Lekki Training Center)
Prince 2 Practitioner & Foundation
A combined PRINCE2 Foundation and Practitioner course would prepare you for both certification exams within 5 days
- Lectures 7
- Quizzes 0
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes